Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hooking the Tour Striker

Hi Franco,

I'm glad you like the training club! 

Using the club promotes forward shaft lean. The forward lean promotes an inside out swing path. Too much inside out, if the face is square or only open a little to the target line will produce the hook.

So, you can do a couple of things:

1. If you want to hit a straighter ball, you have to swing more left through the ball. I know this seems counter intuitive, but swinging left for a person who hits hooks will not only adjust the path to a more correct relationship, but it tends to minimize how much the face rotates.

2. You can allow the face to be a little more open at impact and enjoy a big draw back to the target line. My preference is number 1 above.

I hope that helps! If not, I need to fly to Milano and give you a couple of lessons:)

Ciao!

Martin Chuck, PGA | Inventor - Tour Striker Training Products | Instructor - The Tour Striker Golf Academy | C 541.948.2480 | martin@tourstriker.com | www.tourstriker.com



From: franco@chiom
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 8:58 AM
To: martin@tourstriker.com
Subject: query



Hello Martin. I've purchased the 7 iron TS and it is great. One question: sometimes I tend to hook the ball with it. Any advice on how to stop doing this? Many thanks. Franco
 

No comments:

Post a Comment