Saturday, April 23, 2011

re: Follow Up - Tour Striker Assistance

Hi Rick,

I'm glad you are having some success. Let's keep building on it.

Don't worry about having perfect divots. The turf conditions and club dictate divots in a lot of cases. As Moe Norman said, bacon strips not pork chops. If the shots feel solid, that is what you want.

With your SW; it is likely you used some throwaway. With my short game DVD, I talk about the "Tom Watson mid-sole pitch." That is a different move than the "Lee Trevino leading edge pitch." The Lee Trevino is all Tour Striker and it has its place in the wedge game. The Tom Watson version with a little throw is good as it adds some loft and takes off a bit of "hit" and spin. While spin is sexy, it is unpredictable. So, don't necessarily give up the gentle toss you used with your short wedge shots.

Martin Chuck, PGA | Inventor - Tour Striker Training Products | Instructor - The Tour Striker Golf Academy | C 541.948.2480 | martin@tourstriker.com | www.tourstriker.com

Follow Tour Striker on FacebookFollow Tour Striker on Twitter



From: "oriley1" 
Sent: Saturday, April 23, 2011 7:10 PM
To: martin@tourstriker.com
Subject: Follow Up - Tour Striker Assistance


Martin,

Thanks again for all of your help. I really feel like my swing is slowly but surely starting to come together, fundamentally, thanks to your product and assistance.

At this point I only have two questions for you:

I know that your product is helping me because every time I attempt to make a slight deviation from that which you recommend in the video I end up coming
back to those basic fundamentals which you subscribe to.

Question #1:

(1) I am now hitting my irons straighter and longer with only a 3/4 back swing. However, I am having a hard time taking a divot with my irons. I have tried
focusing on the area in front of the ball at address and attempting to take a divot there. This works on an infrequent basis.

Question #2:

(2) I am not as consistent as I used to be with my sand wedge from 10 to 15 yards away. I feel as though I am not finishing on my follow through.
I felt like one solution to this would be to concentrate on turning my hands on the follow through.

This does seem to help but I do not want to get back in to the habit of casting my hands on the follow through.

Thank you so much for your help!

Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment