Friday, July 29, 2011

Re: Thanks for the lesson

D, nice playing!

You can feel the gentle push of the right arm at all times. My right arm is always pushing (lifeline of right hand onto left thumb) even at address. At address, my right shoulder is lower than my left shoulder allowing my right elbow to be bent yet still keeping the gentle push on the left thumb.

Don't bend the right arm with the right arm:)

Cheers and keep up the good work.

Martin Chuck, PGA | Tour Striker Training Products | Tour Striker Golf Academy | www.tourstriker.com | C 541.948.2480

Sent from my smart phone


----- Reply message -----
From: "Darin/HQ4SPORTS" <ddavis@hq4sports.com>
To: "Martin Chuck" <martinchuck@pga.com>
Subject: Thanks for the lesson
Date: Fri, Jul 29, 2011 9:56 am


Martin  A follow up on the concept of pushing the right arm out to get the left arm straight which will limit my backswing length... When does this happen? I was working on it this morning and I think I am getting the feel of it. I just kept the feel of keeping the right arm straight during take away and into the backswing. Both arms seemed fairly straight until about parallel to the ground. Is this ok or should I feel a push of the right arm at the beginning takeaway...  Side note. Shot my personal best at woodlands from the blue tees... 79 which included 3 consecutive 3 puts on GIR's. On that course it was 81 from the whites.  Thanks again.  Darin D On Jul 27, 2011, at 9:26 AM, Martin Chuck <martinchuck@pga.com> wrote:  > Darin, that is awesome. You were an excellent student! I could tell you were soaking in comments and trying to get it into your personal language. Keep working on "educating" those hands on the short shots and the long shots will take care of themselves.  >  > Here's the link to you lesson wrap up: http://www.box.net/shared/static/q210cjst79yatkqss2d9.mp4 >  > Looking forward to seeing you in a month or so. >  > Cheers, >  > Martin Chuck, PGA | Inventor - Tour Striker Training Products | Instructor - The Tour Striker Golf Academy at Sunriver Resort | C 541.948.2480 | martin@tourstriker.com | www.tourstriker.com >  > On Jul 27, 2011, at 9:08 AM, Darin wrote: >  >> Martin, >>  >> I wanted to send you a quick note regarding the yesterday's lesson. I really found every item you wanted me to work towards to really ring true. I don't think change is supposed to happen so quickly, but yesterday was interesting. After the lesson, hit one bag of chips/pitches on the practice green. Then another bag hitting 1/2, 3/4 and some full shots. I decided to do the things I could implement now.. >> Grip-right thumb loose on left side of shaft and right index finger in a trigger position >> Ball position. Moved it about 3-4 inches away from me and had to have a bit more knee flex and waist bend to reach it. >> Eliminated the wrist cock >> (right arm straighter will take a bit more time) >>  >> Hit good shot after good shot. 7 iron went from 150 to 165. Went out and played Woodlands from the Blue tees which usually give me a great deal of problem. This year I have been shooting mid to upper 80's there...and today shot 81 with 1 ball OB and 3 putting the first 2 holes. Like we talked about, I tend to be streaky and when on, I play pretty well. I hit it all clubs better yesterday than I can remember. And you were right about the spin into greens. Spun 3 balls back yesterday with my gap wedge about 3 feet. >>  >> Sorry for the long "note", but just thought I would pass it along. I was fully expecting things to get worse but to my surprise saw immediate results. >>  >> Thanks again. I will probably check back in with you in a month to see how things are looking. >>  >> Darin D 

No comments:

Post a Comment